Confictional for the Rowdy and Whimsical

Confessions, scribbles, and news of Jess, a writer of fictions--mostly of the literary affliction. Occasional tangents about knitting, crocheting, playing the piano, baseball, neighborhood cats, and dead squirrels are to be expected.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I write, I do yoga, and I try to live a happy, healthy, conscientious life. And I do those things pretty well about 66.7% of the time.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Eavesdropping on Bus Rt. 65 Northbound, 3/13/07


Future Character #1: white male, average height/weight, glasses, ~22 years old. He shared his side of a cell conversation with Bus Rt. 65 Northbound on 3/13/07, around 4:15 PM.

"Oh, you'll enjoy this. I went on a date with this girl on Saturday and we're talking, getting to know each other and stuff, and suddenly she asks me, 'Are you a Mama's Boy?' And I said, 'A what?' She goes, 'You know, a Mama's Boy? You just seem like you really love your mother. Do you?' And I said, 'well, yeah, i love my mother.' Yeah, I knew you'd love that."

"I'm totally pissed at Randy. He's changed his MySpace page and he put this girl before me on his top 8.... I mean, bros before hoes! And she's old.... She is, I mean she's more wrinkly than you!...Yeah, you just want her for a daughter-in-law so you'll look good.... No, I mean she's really old; she's like 36 or something."

Yeah, I know. That's SO old. I guess I used to think that was old too. I'm much more shocked by how this guy just rattles off to his MOM "Bros before Hoes." CLASSY.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Blind Dog Megan said...

A conversation with my mother about my space:

"I don't know about that My Face thing, Meg"

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

That's funny. My mother doesn't even know what MySpace is, much less MyFace.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Vandal said...

my mother got a mac because they're better for art yet shes never made any on there cause she can't figure out how...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, then there is my grandmother who has had two computers purchased for her in the last two years. Despite repeated lessons on both, they sit there gathering dust.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Natalya said...

I wonder what my conversations sound like to the outsider's ear. Not that I try to talk on the cell in places that are really populated. Hmmm. Maybe I should change that?

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home