Confictional for the Rowdy and Whimsical

Confessions, scribbles, and news of Jess, a writer of fictions--mostly of the literary affliction. Occasional tangents about knitting, crocheting, playing the piano, baseball, neighborhood cats, and dead squirrels are to be expected.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I write, I do yoga, and I try to live a happy, healthy, conscientious life. And I do those things pretty well about 66.7% of the time.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Big Bad Synopsis

So I now have a link in my sidebar that leads you to a synopsis in progress of my novel in progress! Maybe my musings on character will make more sense now. As is the nature of "in progress," plot/character, etc. are subject to change or rearrange. In fact, I have an another synopsis that outlines potential edits for each chapter! I won't subject you to that though. You need a little surprise.
I really HATE writing chapter-by-chapter synopsi (what is the proper plural of synopsis?). You'll see that my synopsis is ridiculously verbose and detailed. Every detail seems important to me, so I never can bear to leave anything out. When I have finished a full draft and have revised to coherency, I hope to have a friend read the whole thing to:
A. give me feedback on the coherency factor, -and-
B. volunteer to write a concise, brief chapter-by-chapter synopsis to submit to editors and lit agents.
If you think you are that awesome person, step right up!
And now, I depart to work more on Chapter 16, which may not end up being CHapter 16, but perhaps 17. Or 15. Or....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
This is my first time visiting your blog--it's a really attractive look. I, too, can't stand writing the synopsis of my novel. All that effort in writing a rich, round chapter, and then you have to flatten it to two sentences. I am hoping it will be much more pleasant after revisions (when the relative importance of all those pesky details becomes clear).
See you Thursday,
Kate

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

We should just write each other's! "In this chapter, Penelope learns about chum, smoking while boating, and what happens when your dreamboat turns out to be a leaky rubber raft."

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home